2 day Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Accept, Connect and Take action
VENUE: Psychological Society of Ireland Headquarters,
2nd Floor, Grantham House, Grantham Street, Dublin 2
(Open to both professionals and public).
- Aims to teach you how to apply ACT in your daily life, and move towards your values and what matters most to you.
- How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfillment.
- Multiple powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of unhelpful thoughts so they have far less control over actions.
- Experiential exercises that build defusion, mindfulness and acceptance skills.
- How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings.
(Open to professionals only).
- An additional full day workshop for professionals aimed at extending your knowledge of ACT and placing the focus on applying it with your clients.
- How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of clients with challenging presentations.
- Learn about the six core processes of ACT, and how to apply them in your own life and with clients.
- Powerful tools to help yourself and your clients develop more flexible perspective taking.
- How to help yourself and your clients connect with core values, and take committed action.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Gain a greater ability to begin integrating ACT into your existing way of working with the challenges different clients present.
- Have an understanding of each of the core ACT processes and how they can be applied to promote psychological flexibility.
- Be able to apply ACT in your own life- To create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfillment.
– To help you cope with the stresses of clients with challenging presentations.
– To help protect against burnout#
– Be Awarded CPD points
Cost: €106.91 – €266.37
ONLY DAY 2
Professionals Only or if you have have attended at least one previous 1-day workshop.
Cost: €117.54 – €165.38
Aisling Ann Curtin and Trish Leonard
Aisling Curtin, a Counselling Psychologist and ACT Expert, is extremely passionate and enthusiastic in her quest to bring Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness out to anyone and everyone who will listen and benefit. Her aim is to make key mindfulness and acceptance concepts readily accessible and applicable to people by bringing authenticity, humour and personal experience. She has experience working across a variety of settings including psychiatry, psycho-oncology, community, public and educational settings.
She has made a hobby of giving public and professional ACT and mindfulness workshops whenever she travels abroad including a number of workshops at Harvard Medical School. Aisling is the President of the International Getting ACT out to the Public Special Interest Group and she enjoys writing fiction in her spare time. She has published both nationally and internationally on the topics of ACT and Mindfulness. Aisling is editor of Mindfulness and Acceptance for Gender and Sexual Minorities, due for release in 2016 with New Harbinger Publications.
Trish is a Counselling Psychologist. She has experience working across a range of settings including primary care, hospital and educational settings. Her passion is delivering high quality evidence-based practice to underserved populations. She is a published author internationally in ACT.
Copyright ACT Now Purposeful Living
Designed and maintained by Elemental Online Pty Ltd
The post 2 day Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) appeared first on ACT Now Purposeful Living.
This content was originally published here.